[OPLINLIST] E-Books/Readers

Nicole Merriman nmerriman at library.ohio.gov
Tue Dec 21 11:20:45 EST 2010

The Ohio eBook Project (OEP) is open for enrollment until December 28, 2010. Please contact me if you are interested as there are several forms to fill out. More information, including costs, can be found at http://library.ohio.gov/IT/ebook.

I also recently recorded a webinar with information about joining the OEP. The webinar is at https://statelibraryofohio.webex.com/statelibraryofohio/ldr.php?AT=pb&SP=MC&rID=14539732&rKey=a1bafe832cc1e018. You may be asked to download software to view the webinar.

There is a reciprocal borrowing agreement between the OEP and SEO OverDrive collections, so patrons from both consortia can borrow titles from each collection. SEO membership is required to purchase content via SEO.

OverDrive, Inc. is the vendor for the OEP. Speaking strictly for this collection, the Barnes and Noble nook is nicely compatible. But please check out the list of compatible ereader devices at http://www.overdrive.com/resources/drc/compatibleebookdevices.aspx.

Cordially,

Nicole Merriman
Library Consultant
State Library of Ohio