[OPLINLIST] Library Renewal launches Phase 1 of its website

mweaver939@roadrunner.com mweaver939 at roadrunner.com
Fri Dec 31 21:07:50 EST 2010

Greetings, Ohio libraries. Library Renewal, a new independent non-profit that wants to improve the state of electronic content distribution in libraries, has launched Phase I of it's full website: http://libraryrenewal.org.

We invite you to get involved in our efforts. Of particular interest is our Advocacy program. Starting in the Spring of 2011, advocates, who want to write and present locally and regionally about the needs facing libraries in relation to electronic content, will receive support and resources from Library Renewal.

On our front page, you will see the "Conversation" tab. Via Twitter, Facebook, our new Library Renewal Blog or email you are invited to share ideas and ask us questions that drive the organization's efforts forward.

Also, we plan to host our first live web event in March 2011 featuring several well known speakers and authors involved with Library Renewal.  All are focused on the issues surrounding getting electronic content to our library customers, and ways to help Library Renewal move forward towards solving those issues.

If you have any questions, you can ask me directly or go to the site and contact the organization there.

Matt Weaver
Library Renewal, Executive Board.