[OPLINLIST] Offensive Odor

Nancy Koebel nancy.koebel at birchard.lib.oh.us
Wed Jan 13 11:59:37 EST 2010

In this day and age, it's hard to believe that some people have not learned what is accepted as correct hygiene.  We have to remember that we are now amongst people who have immigrated from other cultures where hygiene is different that what we are used to.  Also, even among native born people, there are varieties of what is accepted as normal.  I saw the beginning of the movie Hamburger Hill over the weekend, which is about the Viet Nam war, and there was a scene where an army person was "teaching" his soldiers how to brush their teeth.  Apparently, at that time, there were recruits who had never used toothbrushes!