[OPLINLIST] SERLS Online Workshop: Does your library need Facebook or Twitter?

Mary Leffler dirserls at oplin.org
Wed Jan 27 12:30:43 EST 2010

Facebook and Twitter: What You REALLY Need to Know

Event Type: Issues and Trends

Date: 2/4/2010
Start Time: 10:30AM
End Time: 11:30AM

Registration: http://host7.evanced.info/serls/evanced/eventsignup.asp?ID=101

Does your library need Facebook or Twitter?

Anyone can set up a Facebook or Twitter account, but do you really know how
to get the most out of them? All too often, libraries jump into the social
media arena without a full grasp of what doing so really means. Do you
understand what people expect from you in these environments? Does your
library have a well-crafted social media policy? Maximize the staff time
spent on these tools by getting a solid foundation in effective social media
use.

This online workshop is presented via WIMBA, our online classroom. If you
have never used WIMBA, please check out our blog post on readying your
computer.
<http://serls.wordpress.com/2009/01/26/using-wimba-for-online-training-cours
es/>
http://serls.wordpress.com/2009/01/26/using-wimba-for-online-training-course
s/

Presenter: Laura Solomon, OPLIN

Cost: $15.00*

*Enhanced members of any Ohio Regional Library will automatically be billed
at a 75% discount. Any outstanding CE Bucks will also be applied.

Location: ONLINE COURSES
Registration Ends: 12/14/2009 at 11:55 AM

Contact Hours:1

Contact:  <mailto:dirserls at oplin.org> Mary Leffler
Contact Number: 800-759-1537 x5

Mary K. Leffler

Executive Director

Southeast Regional Library System (SERLS)

<http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt=Tmap&addr=252+W.+13th+St.&csz=Wellston
%2C+OH+45692&country=us> 252 W. 13th St.
Wellston, OH 45692

 <mailto:dirserls at oplin.org> dirserls at oplin.org
 <http://www.serls.org/> http://www.serls.org/

tel: