[OPLINLIST] Choose to Read Ohio update & grant opportunity

Janet Ingraham Dwyer jdwyer at library.ohio.gov
Fri Jul 9 08:46:32 EDT 2010

Please excuse multiple postings...

Thinking about fall and winter programming?  Or even next spring?  Take
a look at Choose to Read Ohio (CTRO)
<http://oh.webjunction.org/ohctrointro> , a framework for promoting Ohio
authors and encouraging people to read and share books together.  The
current 2009-10 CTRO booklist includes 15 great titles for all ages.
For each book, CTRO offers a toolkit, with activities and resources to
help plan programs and facilitate book discussions.  The toolkits are
available for free download at http://oh.webjunction.org/ohctroguides.

The 2011 CTRO booklist has been announced & can be found at
http://oh.webjunction.org/ohctrointro/-/articles/content/97261700.  New
for 2011, we have increased the number of spotlighted books to 20, and
included a group of titles specifically for young children.  Toolkits
for the 2011 titles are under construction and should be ready by
September.

You can help create these toolkits!  Have you previously used any of the
books on the CTRO 2011 list in a storytime, a school-age, teen, or adult
program, or other event?  Email me (jdwyer at library.ohio.gov) with your
program outline or description.  We will acknowledge you and your
library in the toolkit where we include your program.

Consider using CTRO books in your upcoming library programs.  This can
be as simple as selecting a CTRO title for your book discussion group,
incorporating CTRO picture books into your early literacy programming,
or making a display of the CTRO books in your library.

If you have more ambitious ideas, be aware that the State Library is
currently accepting proposals for a special LSTA grant program, which
will provide funds to libraries to implement a 2011 CTRO program in
their communities.  See
http://library.ohio.gov/Marketing/PR/2010/June#CTRO for details (direct
link to the RFP:
http://oh.webjunction.org/ohlstactro/-/articles/content/99144388).  The
deadline for applications is September 15.

Need inspiration?  Check out the creative & high-impact projects from
the previous CTRO special grant program here:
http://oh.webjunction.org/ohlstactroprojects.

Sincerely,

Janet

Janet Ingraham Dwyer
Library Consultant
State Library of Ohio
jdwyer at library.ohio.gov

614.644.6910
http://library.ohio.gov

http://library.ohio.gov/youthservices

The State Library of Ohio provides services and resources to assist
state government and libraries in providing the best service to all.