[OPLINLIST] Buckeye Children's Book Award Contest

Lynn Greber greberly at oplin.org
Fri Jun 4 14:56:20 EDT 2010

Hey Oplinlisters-- Are you familiar with the Buckeye Children's Book Award
program? I have just learned that "The Beef Princess of Practical County"
by our own Michelle Houts became a finalist for it this year.
http://www.bcbookaward.info/nominations.html

I'd like to spread the word to Ohio librarians that an Ohio author is a
finalist in the Grades 6 -8 category (the authors don't have to be from
Ohio, but the award is only voted on by Ohio children)and so I am sharing
the news with the other librarians. Ask the kids in the Summer Reading
Program to read the book over the summer! Voting begins Sept. 1st.
Michelle is a wonderful author with a real feel for a young person's
voice. If you haven't read the book yet, I recommend that you do,
especially with County Fair time just around the corner. Enjoy and many
thanks!
Lynn Greber
Children's Librarian
Mercer County Library