[OPLINLIST] EBSCOhost - New Features Coming Soon!

Laura Solomon laura at oplin.org
Fri Jun 25 08:10:29 EDT 2010

*/From EBSCO*:/*

"We are pleased to announce that in keeping with our responsiveness to
customer feedback, we will soon release user interface improvements to
your EBSCO/host/ subscription, at no additional charge. While the
release is still a few weeks from being implemented, we wanted to
provide you with some ideas for your training and support materials in
the fall. Also, EBSCO's support site will have ample materials to draw
from. We will communicate in more detail as the release date nears.

The following information summarizes the most significant changes you
will see later this summer in EBSCO/host/:

    * Limiters and the date slider will move from the right to the left
      column beside the Result List, which is a more intuitive position
      for these popular features, consolidating all the ways users can
      refine and work with their results in one area. For a look at the
      updated Result List, click here
      <http://support.epnet.com/uploads/CustSupport/Images/communication_images/resultlist1.gif>.
      (Or, copy and paste this URL into your browser:
      http://support.epnet.com/uploads/CustSupport/Images/communication_images/resultlist1.gif)

    * Detailed record pages will be more streamlined, and links to full
      text, your link resolvers, ILL, etc. will be more prominently
      displayed on the right.
    * Users will be able to select multiple clusters and source types
      when managing results.
    * There will be an enhanced PDF Viewer, Content Viewer, HTML Full
      Text, etc.
    * A "breadbox" will show users which limiters, expanders and source
      types have already been selected.
    * Simpler overall interface elements will increase the intuitiveness
      of the user experience.

While none of these enhancements requires that you make adjustments to
accommodate them, we hope that this advance notification is helpful to you."

*Note that there is no date announced yet for these improvements.  We'll
forward that information to OPLINLIST when it becomes available.  Let me
know if you have questions,

Laura

-- *
Laura Solomon, **MCIW, MLS*