[OPLINLIST] Twitter

Cindy Maxey cmaxey at avonlake.lib.oh.us
Wed Mar 3 18:28:31 EST 2010

As our Library considers using Twitter as a marketing tool, I'm curious
about other libraries' experiences with this particular social medium.  Are
you seeing increased participation in programs or higher circulation you can
trace to Twitter? Do patrons respond to your Twitter posts and dialogue with
you?  Do a meaningful number of patrons use it for reference questions?

I'm especially interested in hearing from small and medium-sized libraries.
I appreciate any input I can get.

Cindy

Cindy Maxey, MLIS
Avon Lake Public Library
32649 Electric Blvd.
Avon Lake, OH 44012
440.933.8128, ext. 248

http://www.alpl.org
http://avonlake.wordpress.com

Resources for job seekers and others facing hard times:
http://survivinghardtimes.pbworks.com/

Trustworthy online resources on health and medicine:
http://healthandmedicineonline.pbworks.com