[OPLINLIST] Thin Client for public Internet computers

Anita Carroll carrolan at oplin.org
Thu Mar 4 11:20:41 EST 2010

Good Morning!

I know this has been posted before, but at the time this topic wasn't on my
radar, so here it is again.  Our library is considering a move to thin
client for our public Internet terminals.  I have to admit that for my IT
staff and me, this is a whole new ballgame.  We were hoping to schedule a
field trip to visit a library that was up and running with thin client just
to get the ball rolling.  We're looking to put in a 50-user server system to
run in two different library buildings.  If you use Polaris as your ILS
and/or Envisionware for reservation and print management, we especially want
to visit you!  Please let me know if you are a library that is working your
technology this way. You can reply off list to carrolan at oplin.org. I
appreciate any help you can provide.  Thank you in advance for your help!

Anita

Anita G. Carroll

Library Director

Franklin-Springboro Public Library