[OPLINLIST] Ohio Connecting to Collections Survey

Shannon Kupfer skupfer at library.ohio.gov
Thu Mar 11 10:11:11 EST 2010

**apologies for cross-postings**

Hello Ohio Librarians and Archivists!

If your organization has already returned its Ohio Connecting to
Collections Survey, THANKS!  You're part of an elite group.  If your
organization has not returned its survey, we want you to join our elite
group by doing so!  Please read on...

The Ohio Heritage Partnership, made up of the Ohio Historical Society
and the State Library of Ohio, needs your help.  If your library or
archive collects and preserves artifacts and papers about your
community's history, we ask that you fill out and return the Ohio
Connecting to Collections Survey.  The original deadline for returning
the survey was March 1.  We've extended that deadline to March 19.

You can complete the survey online at
http://oh.webjunction.org/ohconnectcollect

If you've started on the survey, but find you have questions, please
ask.  There's a network of survey partners and trainers around the state
who want to help you.  To find out who those helpers are, go to:

http://oh.webjunction.org/ohconnectcollect/-/resources/overview

Please note:  individual responses to the survey will be kept anonymous.
It's the big picture we're interested in, but we need you to fill it in.

We'd also like to have at least one survey from every county in the
state, whether from a historical organization, library, or other
collecting institution.  Below is a list of counties we have yet to here
from, but hope to soon with your help:

Adams, Allen, Carroll, Crawford, Gallia, Hocking, Holmes, Jefferson,
Medina, Meigs, Monroe, Morgan, Paulding, Perry, Pike, Putnam, Scioto,
Van Wert, Vinton, and Wayne

Please complete and return your Connecting to Collections Survey!  It's
easiest to do this online, or you can return it by mail to

Local History Office

Ohio Historical Society

1982 Velma Ave.

Columbus, OH 43211

ATTN:  Connecting to Collections Survey

Ohio's libraries and archives are some of the best in the nation, with
extraordinary items held within their collections.  Please help us with
our mission to ensure that Ohio's special collections are safe and
accessible now and in the future by filling out and submitting the Ohio
Connecting to Collections survey!

Thanks for you time and attention to this important matter.  Please feel
free to forward this email to other organizations in your area that
collect and preserve artifacts and archival materials.  Thank you!

Shannon Kupfer, Digital/Tangible Media Cataloger

State Library of Ohio

Phone: 614.995.4115

Fax: 614.644.7004

www.library.ohio.gov <http://www.library.ohio.gov/>

The State Library of Ohio provides services and resources to assist
state government and libraries in providing the best service to all.