[OPLINLIST] Summer Reading news: State Parks certificate clarifications

Janet Ingraham Dwyer jdwyer at library.ohio.gov
Mon Mar 29 10:49:36 EDT 2010

Please excuse multiple postings.

Good morning,

On 3/17 I announced that Ohio State Parks are offering a certificate
good for 50% off camping, which you may use as a prize/incentive for
kids and teens who complete your Summer Reading Program
(http://oh.webjunction.org/ohsumread and click on "Ohio State Parks
Certificate").

A couple clarifications from ODNR about the certificate:

1. It may be distributed to people of ANY AGE who complete the
requirements of your SRP.  Only one certificate may be given per person,
but there's no restriction on the number of certificates per
family/household.  Adults ARE eligible to receive a certificate if you
have an Adult SRP.  Only one certificate may be redeemed per visit.

2. I indicated that the person's name, library name and date need to be
handwritten in an ink color other than black, so State Parks employees
can ascertain at a glance that the certificate is original.  However, if
you are expecting to hand out a lot of these, you won't want to write
your library name each time.  You may write/print your library name on
the master copy before duplicating, & hand-write just the person's name
and the date on each individual certificate.  Remember to use non-black
ink and green paper.

3. Each certificate may be used for a single overnight or a multiple
night stay, provided each of the nights fall within the Sunday -
Wednesday time frame and are consecutive.

Let me know if you have any questions.  Thanks.

Sincerely,

Janet

Janet Ingraham Dwyer
Library Consultant
State Library of Ohio
jdwyer at library.ohio.gov

614.644.6910
http://library.ohio.gov

http://library.ohio.gov/youthservices

The State Library of Ohio provides services and resources to assist
state government and libraries in providing the best service to all.