[OPLINLIST] Family & Medical Leave

Susan Pieper susanhillpieper at gmail.com
Fri May 21 09:28:04 EDT 2010

Hello all:
I have received conflicting information regarding whether a small public
library must adhere to the provisions of the FMLA. We have less than 20
employees. I have been told that we are not required to give time off for
FMLA. On the other hand, if we are a political sub-division of the State of
Ohio (who employs more than 50 persons), I've been told we must provide time
off for FMLA. Also, are foster parents covered under FMLA when children are
placed with them? Sometimes this is a temporary situation and sometimes
children can be placed at any time, any hour, without any notice. Please
advise.
Thanks a million!
Susan
(feeling like my toes are webbing up here with all this rain)
*****************************
Library Blog:
http://dustingthelibraryshelves.blogspot.com
Romania Blog: http://susansromaniatrip.blogspot.com/