[OPLINLIST] Staff ordering (i.e., ordering books for staff)

dallen@cuyahogafallslibrary.org dallen at cuyahogafallslibrary.org
Thu Nov 4 14:25:47 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

After a two year hiatus, our library is getting ready to start doing staff
ordering again, and is re-evaluating our old procedures.  Our vendor,
Baker and Taylor, has said that their prefered procedure is for staff to
give the money to the library and for the library to write a check to
them.

This is much simpler than what we used to do, which involved the person in
charge getting money orders from a local drugstore.  Is there anyone out
there who does things B&T's way?  How well does it work?

David Allen

believed to be clean.