[OPLINLIST] Required OPLIN E-Rate forms from ALL libraries

Stephen Hedges hedgesst at oplin.org
Tue Nov 16 09:04:08 EST 2010

Once again, it is time for every Ohio public library system to complete
E-Rate forms for OPLIN, specifically a Letter of Agency (LOA) and a Form
479.

All libraries are required to submit these forms to OPLIN annually,
regardless of whether or not the library itself participates in the
E-Rate program.

As before, we have made the process of submitting these forms as simple
as possible. Just go to http://oplin.org/erate and follow the
instructions there. This online site will automatically generate the
forms we need from you.

Unlike before, there is some question this year about which services can
be E-Rated for libraries that do not comply with the Childrens Internet
Protection Act (CIPA). This question arises because of the FCC's recent
"Sixth Order," which has not yet been fully implemented for the E-Rate
program, but will be soon. (See
http://www.wo.ala.org/districtdispatch/?p=5413) We have reworded the
Letter of Agency so it now makes no reference to whether or not the
library is CIPA-compliant. The Form 479 will continue to be different
for libraries that are CIPA-compliant and libraries that are not.

We urge all libraries to complete these forms ASAP, so OPLIN can begin
work on our E-Rate applications. Since some libraries may be reviewing
their CIPA compliance as a result of the Sixth Order, however, you may
go to http://oplin.org/erate and resubmit forms as often as needed until
Friday, February 25, 2011. As we put the final touches on our E-Rate
applications, we will determine a library's CIPA-compliance based on the
last Form 479 received from the library prior to 5:00 pm February 25.

Thank you!

--
Stephen Hedges, Director
2323 W. Fifth Ave., Suite 130