[OPLINLIST] Daily Stats

Betsy K. Eggers eggersbe at oplin.org
Thu Nov 18 08:52:06 EST 2010

I have been reviewing our procedures for keeping daily stats, and I would
like to know how you handle your in-house stats.  By "in-house" I mean
anything that does circulate but is used in the library.  Please see my
questions below.

Do you keep a count of how many people use your periodical/magazine room and
how many periodicals are looked at throughout the day?

Do you count books that have been taken off shelves and read in the library,
i.e. picture books in the children's department?

Do you count in-house stats toward your circulation stats for reports?

If you do not count in-house material I would like to know your reasons.

Thank you,

Betsy K. Eggers, MSI

Director

Napoleon Public Library