[OPLINLIST] Publisher 2007 Send as an email message.

Christopher Brose brosech at oplin.org
Tue Oct 5 11:25:08 EDT 2010

Hello,

Sorry for any cross posting.

Does anyone use MS Publisher 2007 to create newsletters then try and send
them as an email message using Outlook 2007???

Our PR staff create library newsletters using MS Publisher 2007, then send
them as email messages by selecting File-> Send E-mail -> Send as E-Mail
message.  When the converted file being sent is previewed the newsletter is
fine, but when the email is received by the patron the news letter is broken
apart and fragmented when viewed in Outlook, but looks fine in Gmail and
Yahoomail.

The PR staff does not want to send this as an attachment but as the body of
an email.  I have converted the publisher file to a JPEG but all links
within the newsletter will not function which is not acceptable.  I've also
"Selected All" within publisher then pasted the newsletter into Outlook with
HTML enabled.  This allows the newsletter to be viewed correctly within MS
Outlook 2007, but the email body is broken up in Gmail and Yahoomail.

Has anyone have this problem and discovered a workaround?

Thanks,

Christopher J. Brose

Head of Computer Services

Tiffin-Seneca Public Library