[OPLINLIST] Securing A/V materials

Lindy Sleasman sleasmli at oplin.org
Wed Feb 16 16:15:24 EST 2011

Dear Chauncey, We secure our DVD's behind the counter with a browserpak
system.  It is working well for us.  We inventoried our DVD's for a complete
year and found that security cases took a lot of space and made very little
difference in the theft rate.  That being said, we do not have tattle tape
or RFID.  Since we went to the behind the counter system, we have no theft,
but it is time consuming for staff.  If you have further questions about our
trials and errors in implementing this system, I'd be happy to answer them
for you.  Currently we have approx. 4,500 Entertainment DVD's.

Lindy Sleasman
Amherst Public Library
sleasli1 at oplin.lib.oh.us
440-988-4230