[OPLINLIST] Money Week Ideas

Pamela Hankinson phankinson at alexandria.lib.oh.us
Thu Feb 17 10:10:04 EST 2011

Good Morning,

Earlier this week someone had requested ideas for programming for Money Week. Below is some information that I just received. I'm sorry I do not remember who asked for the information or I would send it directly to them.

Pam
Alexandria Public Library

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CBCE8A.D89CBB30]Money Smart Week Resources from the Federal Reserve Bank
For public libraries that are sponsoring activities during Money Smart Week, April 4-10, the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland has available Great Minds Think: A Kid's Guide to Money, a fun and free financial literacy resource designed for children.

This colorful, interactive booklet can help adults start a conversation about money with children. Great Minds Think: A Kid's Guide to Money is filled with engaging exercises to help middle-school-aged kids make thoughtful decisions about money. Activities introduce concepts such as earning, spending, budgeting, and saving. Each page includes a basic lesson on money management followed by an exercise that reinforces the lesson learned. Children can complete the activities on their own, or with another person. Great Minds Think: A Kid's Guide to Money has been used as a springboard by parents, teachers, and concerned adults to help more than 200,000 kids understand the value of money.

Available in English and Spanish. To order these free books e-mail learningcenter at clev.frb.org<mailto:learningcenter at clev.frb.org> or call (216) 579-3188. A preview of the book<http://www.clevelandfed.org/Learning_Center/Online_Activities/great_minds_think/index.cfm> is available online.