[OPLINLIST] Defriend OPLIN on Facebook. No, really. We mean it!

Laura Solomon laura at oplin.org
Wed Jan 12 12:49:14 EST 2011

You probably don't hear that too often, but *we're aiming for a total of
zero friends on Facebook*.

Why?

When the OPLIN Facebook account was originally set up, it was set up as
if it were an individual person, rather than an organization.  Back in
the day, there wasn't really a good option for organizations, businesses
or other entities to have a page without declaring themselves to be a
single person.  It wasn't a good fit, and it fits even less well now,
since Facebook has added the ability to create pages specifically for
groups or organizations.

We're recreating ourselves on Facebook, and we need your help.  Start by
defriending us (you won't hurt our feelings, honest!) then go to
*http://www.facebook.com/oplin.org* and click the "Like" button at the
top. (And, if you never have connected with OPLIN before, this is your
chance to get in on the ground floor.)

Thanks for your help while we work to make this switch!

-- *
Laura Solomon, **MCIW, MLS*
/Library Services Manager/
2323 W. 5th Avenue Suite 130