[OPLINLIST] Friends membership incentives

Barbara Moore bmoore at marion.lib.oh.us
Wed Jan 19 16:28:07 EST 2011

Does your library or Friends group offer incentives to encourage
membership in the Friends? We are considering some changes in our
Friends membership to make members feel more like they are getting some
benefit from belonging. Currently the only incentive the Friends offer
is the members-only presale for the annual book sale, and there aren't
any member activities other than working on the book sale. Any ideas or
success stories you have that might help us revitalize our Friends
membership would be greatly appreciated! I am also posting this to the
Publib and ALTAFF lists, so please excuse the multiple postings.

Barb Moore

Friends Liaison

Marion Public Library

Marion, OH