[OPLINLIST] question about recorded books Not for Sale to Libraries Format

Carolyn Rector rectorca at oplin.org
Mon Jan 24 13:00:53 EST 2011

Dear Library Community,
has anyone ever had this happen to you? We purchased some books on CD from
Amazon, not in the corporate account, but using the Library Visa, and one
copy came in from Recorded Books with the writing on the CDs, "Not for
Sale to Libraires" stamped on each Cd three times. Our processor did not
notice as she was repackaging the audio book. Now, is this an ethical
question, do we just eat this loss, or perhaps resell on the Amazon
website to recover some of our loss. We could just use it a prize in a
program. There is no notice on the Amazon listing that this was not for
libraries. What have you done, if this has ever happened to you? We cannot
send it back as the packaging has been opened and destroyed.
Any advise or words of wisdom?
I must look into the Corporate account for Libraries in Amason at the very
least.

Sincerely,
Carolyn Rector

Remember, this quote by G.B. Shaw, "The single biggest problem with
communication is the illusion that it has taken place."

Carolyn Rector
Adult Services Librarian
Tipp City Public Library
11 E. Main St.