[OPLINLIST] Ohio Ready to Read and the Every Child Ready to Read revision

Janet Ingraham Dwyer jdwyer at library.ohio.gov
Fri Jan 28 10:46:59 EST 2011

The following message was recently posted to the state Library Youth
Services listserv about imminent publication of a revision to the
ALSC/PLA Every Child Ready to Read (ECRR) materials.  A few details
about the revised national program are now available at
http://www.ala.org/everychild.  The Ohio Ready to Read (ORTR) Task Force
is monitoring updates, and will keep the library community posted via
the LYS listserv and the ORTR website (http://www.ohreadytoread.org/).

I encourage public libraries to subscribe a staff member involved with
early literacy activities to the LYS listserv, if not already
subscribed:
http://library.ohio.gov/youthservices/youth_services_listserv

A practical note: ALA's web pages related to the 1st edition of ECRR
have been taken down, so if your website links to national ECRR
resources, those links are probably dead.  I encourage you to link to
the ORTR site (http://www.ohreadytoread.org/) and to consider updating
your links to ECRR to point to http://www.ala.org/everychild.

****************************

Dear Children's Librarians,

As you know, the national Every Child Ready to Read(r) @ Your Library(r)
<http://www.ala.org/ala/mgrps/divs/alsc/ecrr/index.cfm>  program is
being revised and an announcement from ALSC/PLA is imminent.

Please watch the Ohio Ready to Read <http://www.ohreadytoread.org/>
website (http://www.ohreadytoread.org/) for updates about the revised
ECRR materials. Ohio Ready to Read will continue to make our existing
resources and support available to Ohio public libraries. ORTR trainers
<http://www.ohreadytoread.org/training.htm>  continue to be available to
come to your library and provide workshops for your staff. We will also
be working on resources to support the revised ECRR curriculum.

The intention of Ohio Ready to Read is to encourage Ohio public
libraries to provide early literacy services that are responsive to
their communities, and to support and facilitate your early literacy
work, whatever options you pursue to accomplish it.

On behalf of the Ohio Ready to Read Task Force

Krista Tokarz, Chair

Janet Ingraham Dwyer
Library Consultant
State Library of Ohio
jdwyer at library.ohio.gov

614.644.6910
http://library.ohio.gov

http://library.ohio.gov/youthservices

The State Library of Ohio provides services and resources to assist
state government and libraries in providing the best service to all.