[OPLINLIST] Cataloging

David Fausnaugh dfausnaugh at bexleylibrary.org
Mon Jan 31 14:57:10 EST 2011

Hello,

We are starting to experience a gap between the amount of items we purchase
and what we can get cataloged.  Therefore we are considering having some of
our vendors provide cataloging services to ease up the workload of our
existing cataloging staff.  I would love to hear from anyone willing to
share feedback from their experiences with vendor cataloging services.  Did
you face any unforeseen issues when starting the service?  Is there a
specific item type (movies, fiction, etc) that you would recommend as a
trial?

Thanks in advance,
David

David Fausnaugh