[OPLINLIST] Registration deadline is June 10 for the NOTSL Spring Meeting: You Can't Always Get What They Want -- Or, Can You? Patron-Dri​ven Acquisitio​ns--June 17, 2011 (registration is open!)

O'Neil,Rosanna oneilr at oclc.org
Tue Jun 7 15:19:06 EDT 2011

(Cross-posted to multiple lists.   Our apologies for the duplication.)

Topic:  You Can't Always Get What They Want -- Or, Can You? Patron-Driven Acquisitions

Northern Ohio Technical Services Librarians (NOTSL) is pleased to present a program on Patron-Driven Acquisitions (PDA).   This acquisitions model shifts from traditional print collections selected by librarians to electronic collections of thousands of e-books from which patrons can select books for the library to purchase.  Our meeting will examine what impact PDA may have on traditional library services for both academic and public libraries. Speakers for the program include Suzanne Ward (Purdue University), Peter Spitzform (University of Vermont), and Cheryl Engel (Akron-Summit County Public Library).   Our speakers will discuss how PDA programs have impacted their libraries, staff, and users.   Will library patrons now really be able to always get what they want, when they want it?

Date: June 17, 2011 (registration deadline:  June 10!)

Registration and light refreshments: 9:00a.m. – 9:30a.m.

Time: 9:30a.m. – 3:45p.m.

Location: Cuyahoga County Public Administration Building

2111 Snow Road, Parma, Ohio 44134

Further information and registration forms are available at http://www.notsl.org

Rosanna O’Neil

NOTSL Board