[OPLINLIST] Friends Group vs. Library logos

Brian Eckel-Hare beckel-hare at libertycenterlibrary.org
Wed Jun 29 15:40:46 EDT 2011

All,

We completed a logo redesign recently.  Our friends group is interested in
using a similar, if not the same, design.  Is anyone aware of libraries that
have slightly modified logos for their Friends group to use?  Say, adding
"Friends of" to the original logo?  Thoughts on whether it is good/bad idea
to closely associate the logos?  I don't see an issue, but wanted to put the
questions to all.
Thanks for your time.  Feel free to respond off-list.

--
Brian Eckel-Hare
Director
director at libertycenterlibrary.org