[OPLINLIST] Adult SRP workshop seeks additional speaker

Janet Ingraham Dwyer jdwyer at library.ohio.gov
Thu Mar 3 15:24:41 EST 2011

Following up on a survey I posted here a few weeks ago, the Regional
Library Systems are planning an online mini-workshop on adult summer
reading programs.  Look for an announcement and registration information
on OPLINlist soon.

Meanwhile, we could use one more presenter for this workshop.  If you
have experience planning and producing an adult SRP at your library, and
have successful experiences, good ideas, and even cautionary tales to
share with your peers, please email me (jdwyer at library.ohio.gov) and get
on our line-up!

We are particularly looking for information on special programs and
events (book discussion groups, demonstrations, readings, music
programs, movies, lectures, etc.), promotion/publicity, prizes and
incentives, and recommendations of outside speakers and presenters.  You
will have 5-15 minutes to share your best practices, prior successes,
and/or ideas.  You may share websites, PowerPoint slides, and/or other
online documents.

This workshop will be held via WebEx web conferencing.  Presenter
training is available (it is not difficult to do a presentation in this
forum!).

Thanks for considering,

Janet

Janet Ingraham Dwyer
Library Consultant
State Library of Ohio
jdwyer at library.ohio.gov

614.644.6910
http://library.ohio.gov

http://library.ohio.gov/youthservices

The State Library of Ohio provides services and resources to assist
state government and libraries in providing the best service to all.