[OPLINLIST] E-Rate / SOMACS news

Stephen Hedges hedgesst at oplin.org
Tue Mar 22 15:14:57 EDT 2011

I've just learned that AT&T has pre-signed the SOMACS extension contract
for T1 circuits and that it is now waiting for the State of Ohio to sign.

All parties have agreed to the terms of the contract extension. One
important agreement is that all parties intend for this to be the ~last~
2-year extension of the SOMACS contract. It is hoped that everyone
buying SOMACS services will transition to some other service sometime
within the next two years.

Therefore, the only option for buying SOMACS T1 lines after July 1, 2011
will be month-to-month service at $450 per month.

Sometime later today (we hope) the AT&T E-Rate rider forms will be made
available to all libraries, along with instructions on where to send them.

Stephen
--
Stephen Hedges, Director
2323 W. Fifth Ave., Suite 130