[OPLINLIST] OHIONET Continuing Education Coordinator Job Posting

Christine Morris christinem at ohionet.org
Wed Nov 9 16:34:10 EST 2011

*Please pardon all cross-postings.*

Looking for a challenge?  Want to make a difference?  Broaden your horizons
by working with the diverse membership of OHIONET, a multi-type library
network located in Columbus, Ohio, to coordinate our continuing education
offerings.

This part-time position will let you creatively apply your knowledge of
library trends, reference skills, technical services and information
management to plan the training that our academic, K-12, public and special
library members want and need.  We are seeking an innovative and
technologically-savvy individual for this position.  Some of the specific
things we are looking for include:

   - Bachelor’s Degree required; preferred MLIS or equivalent experience in
   a library setting or library organization
   - Proven knowledge of adult training methods, theories, concepts and
   techniques
   - Engaged in the library community
   - Customer-focused, with a positive attitude and proven problem-solving
   capabilities
   - Skilled in environmental scanning techniques to recognize and analyze
   training needs and design programs that effectively address those needs
   - Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills

Benefits include support for attending local and national library
conferences to maintain awareness of library and training needs and the
possibility of working remotely.

Interested? Does this sound like you?  Let’s talk!  Check us out at
www.ohionet.org and then send a letter of application, resume, and three
references with addresses and phone numbers to:

Jennifer Turner, (jennifert at ohionet.org)

Director of Member Services

OHIONET

1500 W. Lane Ave.

Columbus OH 43221

Electronic submissions are appreciated.  Applications received by November
30 will receive first consideration.