[OPLINLIST] Freegal

Mary Ludlum mludlum at ghpl.org
Thu Nov 17 14:12:33 EST 2011

Byran,

We have had Freegal since June 2010 and our patrons love it!  We highly recommend it and are delighted to bring this service to our community.  It was easy to start, extremely easy for our patrons to use and easy to get stats.  We decreased our CD, DVD, Video Games & Reference budgets to finance it.  Freegal has done what we thought it would -- bring in some new patrons and re-energize our current patrons.  It is different from most library services, you are not paying anyone to select the items, order them, process them shelve them, check them out, send out overdues, replace them and so on .  It is a new way to do business.

Mary

____________
Mary Ludlum
Director