[OPLINLIST] Required OPLIN E-Rate forms from ALL libraries

Stephen Hedges hedgesst at oplin.org
Mon Oct 31 11:28:26 EDT 2011

Once again, it is time for every Ohio library organization receiving Internet connectivity from OPLIN to complete E-Rate forms for OPLIN, specifically a Letter of Agency (LOA) and a Form 479.

All libraries are required to submit these forms to OPLIN annually, regardless of whether or not the library itself participates in the E-Rate program.

As before, we have made the process of submitting these forms as simple as possible. Just go to the OPLIN E-Rate Paperwork Wizard at http://oplin.org/erate and follow the instructions there. This online site will automatically generate the forms we need from you. Once you have generated the forms, they must be signed, dated, and either faxed to 614-728-5256, or scanned to erate at oplin.org.

PLEASE NOTE that if you are not currently CIPA compliant because you do not have the resources to support an Internet content filter, OPLIN will be making a free content filter available to all libraries next year -- see http://www.oplin.org/oplin-plans-offer-free-internet-filtering-service. This may change the status of your library's CIPA compliance.

We urge all libraries to complete these forms ASAP, so OPLIN can begin work on our E-Rate applications. Some libraries may be reviewing their CIPA compliance as a result of the new OPLIN-provided filter, so you may go to http://oplin.org/erate and resubmit forms as often as needed until Friday, February 24, 2012, the deadline for form submission. As we put the final touches on our E-Rate applications, we will determine a library's CIPA-compliance based on the last Form 479 received from the library prior to 5:00 pm February 24.

Thank you!

--
Stephen Hedges, Director
2323 W. Fifth Ave., Suite 130