[OPLINLIST] Ohio Connecting to Collections: We Are Looking for A Few Good Plans!

Marsha McDevitt-Stredney marshams at library.ohio.gov
Tue Sep 6 11:28:59 EDT 2011

Please excuse multiple postings...

The State Library of Ohio, Ohio Museums Association, and Ohio Historical
Society, to continue their successful 2009-2011 "Connecting to
Collections" project, are developing a website which will highlight the
best preservation practices in the state and will serve as models for
other organizations in the process of developing or revising their
policies We are interested in receiving policies dealing with the
following preservation functions for possible posting on the website.

Please submit your policies in these areas for inclusion on the website:

*        Mission Statements which recognize the importance of
preservation

*        Strategic Plans which include preservation activities

*        Disaster Preparedness and Recovery Plans

*        Environmental Control Policies, including information about
"going green"

*        Security Plans or Policies

*        Exhibit Policies which deal with preservation of the exhibited
materials

We are looking for excellent examples from all types of cultural
heritage organizations - libraries, archives, historical societies and
museums of all sizes.

As the project expands, there will be calls for other types of
preservation policies.

Please submit links or Word copies of these policies to Missy Lodge,
State Library of Ohio, for consideration. The State Library and a
Project Advisory Group will select sample policies for each area of
preservation practice mentioned above for the project website.
Policies should be submitted to MLODGE at library.ohio.gov by October 31,
2011.

The Connecting to Collections project partners are proud of the
preservation programs in Ohio's cultural heritage institutions, and want
to spotlight best practices so that other organizations in the state and
across the country can learn from our good practices!

Marsha McDevitt-Stredney

Marketing & Communications Director

274 E. 1st Avenue

Columbus, OH 43201

Tel: 614-644-6875

Fax: 614-466-3584

www.library.ohio.gov <http://www.library.ohio.gov/>

  <http://www.facebook.com/people/StateLibraryof-Ohio/100000063363765>

Share Your Story at
http://library.ohio.gov/state-librarian/share-your-story
<http://library.ohio.gov/state-librarian/share-your-story>
Tell us how a State Library service or resource helped you or your
library.