[OPLINLIST] State Library of Ohio ~ Library Consultant introduction

Marsha McDevitt-Stredney marshams at library.ohio.gov
Tue Sep 6 15:35:10 EDT 2011

Please excuse multiple postings... sent on behalf of Katie Sabol

Hello:

I am the new general Library Consultant for the State Library of Ohio.
I will be doing strategic planning, training and consulting for all
types of libraries.  My goal with this email is to introduce myself to
you and to let you know that I will be asking for your feedback soon.

First, I have been at the State Library of Ohio for about a year and a
half working in the Research Services Department.   While there, I
answered reference questions and offered training on library resources
to state employees.  Before that, I worked for the Air Force as a
reference librarian (and more) at the Langley Air Force Base Library in
Virginia.  I'm originally from about half-way between Akron and
Cleveland but fell in love with Columbus when I went to Ohio State for
my undergraduate degree.  I lived in Pittsburgh for a year and a half
while I was getting my Masters of Library and Information Science and
really enjoyed my time in that city, but I have to say, I'm so very glad
to be back in Ohio.

In the near future, I will be sending you an email with a link to a
survey so that I can find out what I can do for you.  This survey will
cover areas of strategic planning, training and some general ideas.  I
look forward to hearing from you and finding out ways that I can help
you to continue to keep Ohio libraries so great.

Thank you,

Kathryn Sabol
Library Consultant
274 E. 1st Avenue
Columbus, OH 43201
Tel: 614-644-6889
Fax: 614-466-3584

www.library.ohio.gov <http://www.library.ohio.gov/>

  <http://www.facebook.com/people/StateLibraryof-Ohio/100000063363765>

Share Your Story at
http://library.ohio.gov/state-librarian/share-your-story
<http://library.ohio.gov/state-librarian/share-your-story>
Tell us how a State Library service or resource helped you or your
library.