[OPLINLIST] Library Fines

James Nagy nagyja at massillonlibrary.org
Tue Sep 27 15:16:42 EDT 2011

A quick question:  Does your library charge fines for juvenile cardholders?  Or, even better, how many libraries do not charge fines at all?

I'm trying to make the argument that a majority of juveniles do not use the library due to either having fines on their record or they're too scared to use the library because they don't want to accumulate fines.

Thanks in advance!

James Nagy
Circulation Services Manager
Massillon Public Library
208 Lincoln Way E
Massillon, OH  44646
330-832-9831 Ext. 332 (Work)
330-830-2182 (Fax)
nagyja at massillonlibrary.org

Massillon Public Library has been named a Top 10 Library in the 2010 HAPLR index!http://www.haplr-index.com/HAPLR100.htm <http://www.haplr-index.com/HAPLR100.htm>

"If you don't offer them something they value now, you're going to be irrelevant to them for the rest of their lives.  It's not a risk we can afford to take." - Eli Neiburger, ALA Gaming in Libraries Symposium, December 2005