[OPLINLIST] Reading to Dogs program questions

Karalea Lane gawref2 at oplin.org
Thu Dec 13 10:07:34 EST 2012

Hello,

I'm  thinking of beginning  program in which school children could
practice their reading skills by reading out loud to a dog. We have a
service companion in mind to "listen". Now I need to work out the
technicalities.

Are there any libraries that do this that have advice? I have some stats
on improved reading skills in areas that do this, so I know it is
worthwhile. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thank you,
Karalea Lane
  ILL/ Circualtion clerk
Garnet A Wilson Public Library of Pike County
Waverly, OH
740/947-4921