[OPLINLIST] Zombie Prom...

Karen Jensen kjensenmls at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 6 20:17:04 EST 2012

Good evening,

Almost all the zombie proms I am familiar with have a zombie make-up station as part of their events. If teens don't already come with zombie attire they can also make it as part of your event (most advertise that thrift stores are a good place to get clothing to zombify).  A few strategic cuts, rips and red paint and you are zombified. Black marker and dirt makes the look even more authentic. Almost all zombie proms include a zombie walk, at a minimum through the library and, if weather permitting, outside. You can also get you tube video clips that teach you how to do the Michael Jackson Thriller dance by searching on you tube.

I have a list of some zombie themed activities that you can also include on my blog, the Teen Librarian's Toolbox
http://www.teenlibrarianstoolbox.blogspot.com/2011/08/tpib-its-dead-mans-party.html
http://www.teenlibrarianstoolbox.blogspot.com/2011/10/tpib-monster-fest.html

Also, if you search for Halloween foods you can find a lot of delectable zombie themed foods - think eyeballs and brains, etc.

If you have an iPhone and don't mind using it for programming there are some zombie apps that will zombify your guests.  Also, there is a great photobooth app that you can use and (if you have access to color printing) use to make fun photobooth strips as a momento of your program.

Have a great time, they are a lot of fun.

Karen

Karen Jensen, MLS
Teen Librarian's Toolbox
www.teenlibrarianstoolbox.blogspot.com