[OPLINLIST] Pumpkin Decorating Contest...

Barb Scott barbarascott1956 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 21 11:15:30 EST 2012

 Hello,

I know that I am waaaaaay ahead of the curve month-wise, but has anyone out there done a pumpkin decorating contest for the month of October....I'm sure you have!

I'd like to hold one here at our library and I'd appreciate any wisdom you have to offer.  What kind of rules did you set?  Were pumpkins painted or carved or both?  Did you have separate categories for painted vs. carved?  What kind of prizes did you offer?  Did you have judges for your contest or did you let the participants vote (they could vote for any pumpkin except theirs)?

TIA!

Barbara Scott, Children's Librarian
Bucyrus Public Library
200 East Mansfield Street
Bucyrus, OH  44820
419-562-7327 x 104
www.childrensprogramming.blogspot.com
Author of 1,000 Fingerplays and Action Rhymes:  A Sourcebook and DVD
www.neal-schuman.com/far
Coming in 2012:  The Holiday Handbook:  700+ Storytime Activities...
www.neal-schuman.com/rtghs