[OPLINLIST] Beware of phishing

Editor editor at oplin.org
Wed Jan 4 08:31:47 EST 2012

As we venture into the new year many things will change, but there is
one thing that will not change.

Any time you receive an email supposedly coming from OPLIN that asks for
your password, it is an instant sign that the email is a phishing
attempt to get you to reveal your password. *OPLIN will never ask you
for your password. *

OPLIN also includes our names and contact information (i.e. phone number
and email address) in the emails that we send out.   If you are in
doubt, feel free to contact us at support at oplin.org or 1-888-966-7546.

--
Vincent M. Riley
*OPLIN Support Center*
*Ohio Public Library Information Network*
*E-mail:* support at oplin.org <mailto:support at oplin.org>
*Live Chat:* support.oplin.org <http://support.oplin.org>
*Phone:*  614 - 728 - 5252
* Toll Free:*  888 - 966 - 7546 (Ohio Only)
*Fax:*  614 - 728 - 5256
2323 West Fifth Ave, Suite 130
Columbus, OH 43204
*                    PUBLIC RECORDS:*
Most  documents  and  records  maintained  by  the  State  of  Ohio,
including  but  not  limited  to  electronic  data,  are  public  records
under  Ohio  law.    Therefore,  information  exchanged  through  email
may be subject to public disclosure pursuant to a public records request.