[OPLINLIST] Banned Books Activities

Shelley Bylica bylicash at oplin.org
Mon Jul 23 12:46:01 EDT 2012

This year our Book Club wanted to discuss the Hunger Games. So I recommended
that they discuss that at their October 10 meeting and I plan to set up a
display about it during Banned Books week that - we all know -- will be over
the week before the meeting. I will be coupling that with a press release. A
win-win situation in my mind - programming for banned books week that could
effectively help raise some awareness of the issues behind intellectual
freedom AND promotion for our monthly book discussion group. With little
fuss or extra costs involved.

While my idea was well received by the lady who is currently running the
Book Club, you might want to e-mail me in late October to see how it
actually went.

Shelley B.

Marvin Memorial Library