[OPLINLIST] monitor cleaner recommendation

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Thu Jun 7 16:52:38 EDT 2012

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 1:56 PM, Amie Baltes <baltesam at oplin.org> wrote:

>  We are having trouble finding a product that will remove fingerprints
> from our LCD monitors. Does anyone use a great product that they would
> recommend?

Years ago, I did some research into this and found that many(most?)
displays had an anti-glare coating on them that was deteriorated by typical
glass cleaners. At the time, it was strongly recommended to simply use a
cotton cloth slightly damp with water. I don't know if LCDs these days have
any sort of anti-glare coating on them, but personally I still continue to
just use water and a good clean micro fiber cloth. I find that generally
does the trick for me. Useless on ink, though!

Chad

--
*Chad Neeper*

*Level 9 Networks*
740-548-8070 (voice)
866-214-6607 (fax)

*Full LAN/WAN consulting services -- Specialized in libraries and schools*