[OPLINLIST] OLC Convention and Expo 2013

MaryJane Santos mjsantos at delawarelibrary.org
Fri Jun 8 11:58:03 EDT 2012

Have you ever considered chairing Ohio Library Council's Convention and
Expo (CAE)?  I was privileged to be the chair of this flagship event in
recent years, and it was one of the most rewarding and exciting projects I
have ever been associated with.

The Ohio library community is generous to a fault, with their talents, time
and resources, so it was not difficult to assemble terrific subcommittees
to help with this undertaking.  With little direction from me beyond asking
people to serve (and not one person turned me down!), the Program, Local
Arrangements, and Expo Committees did most of the heavy lifting, with
invaluable guidance and assistance from the amazing OLC staff.  Even though
the events were planned over several months, the time flew by, with our
committee meetings that were informative, productive, and lots of fun.  And
I am proud to say that the Convention and Expo that I chaired was a grand
event, with positive feedback, pats-on-the-back, hugs, and much affirming
praise from those who attended and those who were responsible for making
the CAE so successful.  We were quite a team, and friendships were forged
among us that are still strong today.

If you have any questions about chairing this event, please don't hesitate
to contact me.  I'd be happy to share my experience, offer whatever
guidance I can, and hopefully give you the encouragement you need to take
on this professionally and personally fulfilling challenge.

MJ

My profiles: [image: Facebook]
<http://facebook.com/maryjane.shafersantos> [image:
Blogger] <http://dcdldirector.wordpress.com>
 “"Whatever you are, be a good one." - Abraham
Lincoln<http://www.quotesdaddy.com/quote/1174540/abraham-lincoln/whatever-you-are-be-a-good-one>
”  Get this email app!
<http://www.wisestamp.com/apps/quotes?utm_source=extension&utm_medium=email&utm_term=quotes&utm_campaign=apps>

 [image: WordPress] <http://dcdldirector.wordpress.com/> My latest post:Book
Discussions tonight<http://dcdldirector.wordpress.com/2012/05/30/book-discussions-tonight/>There
is still time to attend on of the two book discussions that will be
held this evening at th...
Read more<http://dcdldirector.wordpress.com/2012/05/30/book-discussions-tonight/>|
My blog<http://dcdldirector.wordpress.com/>
[image: Share on
Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fdcdldirector.wordpress.com%2F2012%2F05%2F30%2Fbook-discussions-tonight%2F>
[image:
Share on Twitter]<https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=Book%20Discussions%20tonight%20%20(via%20%40wisestamp)>
  Get this email app!
<http://www.wisestamp.com/apps/wordpress?utm_source=extension&utm_medium=email&utm_term=wordpress&utm_campaign=apps>

 Please consider your environmental responsibility. Before printing this
e-mail message, ask yourself whether you really need a hard copy.