[OPLINLIST] News updates from Kent State SLIS alumni

Cunningham, Flo fcunning at kent.edu
Mon Jun 11 16:29:09 EDT 2012

(Please excuse multiple postings.)

Pamela Cass, M.L.S. '78, Westerville, Ohio, recently retired from her position as Librarian I at the State of Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction, where she had worked for 28 years. She was the recipient of the Correctional Education Association Support Person of the Year 2006.

Amy Yuncker, M.L.I.S. '12, was recently named University Archivist for Malone University in Canton.

Leni Anderson, M.L.I.S. '09, has been selected to be the new Director of the Education Curriculum Center at The Ohio State University-Newark campus. He will be leaving the Columbus Metropolitan Library-Franklinton Branch where he was an Adult Services/Reference Librarian.

Mary Weick, M.L.S. '51, has retired from her position as a school librarian in Keauhou, Hawaii.

Tracie Kreighbaum, M.L.S. '98, of Tualatin, Oregon, is a Ph.D. student at Emporia State University School of Library and Information Management, and is teaching for ESU- Portland as a S.L.I.M. cohort.

Krista Taracuk, M.L.S. '90, the 2012 Ohio Educational Library Media Association Past President, has been appointed to the State Library of Ohio Board.

All the best,

Flo

<~><~>~<~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~>
Flo Cunningham
Marketing Communications and Public Relations Director
Kent State University
330-672-0003
fcunning at kent.edu<mailto:fcunning at kent.edu>

www.kent.edu/slis<http://www.kent.edu/slis>
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ksuslis
Twitter: @KentStateSLIS<https://twitter.com/#%21/KentStateSLIS>

SAVE THE DATE:
28th Annual Virginia Hamilton Conference on Multiculture Literature for Youth, April 12 & 13, 2012
2nd Annual Conference on Information and Religion, May 18 & 19, 2012

I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library. -- Jorge Luis Borges