[OPLINLIST] Adult Video Game Night

Karalea Lane gawref2 at oplin.org
Thu Jun 28 14:41:44 EDT 2012

Hello,

We have a fairly successful video game night aimed at junior high to
high school. Some that come are younger, and a few parents come to play
games as well. We have three gaming systems and all games are rated E or T.

  Parents have expressed an interest in an adult game night, where games
rated M could be played. Does anyone have experience with this? Shoud
permission slips be offered for teens who may want to participate? Would
it be something to do every few months or just as a special event?

I should point out that as a gamer, I know some M games would not be
appropriate. They just seem to want to play multi-player warfare games
(modern Warfare, Halo, etc.) and those would be fine.

Thank you,
Karalea Lane
ILL/Circulation
Garnet A Wilson Public library