[OPLINLIST] Revised National Road Cookbook

Susan Pieper, M.S.L.S. susanhillpieper at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 16:11:43 EST 2012

Hey all,
Libraries throughout Ohio, especially those along our Historic National
Road U.S. 40, will want to consider *Volume III: Still Hungry?* of the
*Historic
National Road Yard Sale Cookbook* compiled and edited by Patricia McDaniel,
Dublin, Indiana. Although Maryland is the "featured" state, there are
also historic recipes from restaurants in Pennsylvania, West Virginia,
Ohio, Indiana, and Illinois. Many recipes are from the Civil War era. Many
are from historic restaurants that closed long ago. Groundhog Pie? It's in
the book. Cooking Crabs the Maryland way? In the book. The cover photos are
taken by Nora Robert's husband, Bruce Wilder. He owns the Turn the Page
Bookstore in Boonsboro, Maryland. And, Nora's "Bread Pudding" recipe is
included in the spiral-bound book. Did you know that Nora met her husband
when she hired him to build bookshelves? Bit of trivia there.

Anyway, Patricia McDaniels has what we call a "colorful personality" (when
I received the last volume, each book was wrapped in aluminum foil -- go
figure.) The new edition of the cookbook cost about $20.00 (includes
shipping). Her e-mail is: info at oldstorefrontantiques.com. Mailing address:
Patricia McDaniel
Chairperson/Editor
Historic National Road Yardsale/CKB