[OPLINLIST] TODAY: Wednesday Webinar -- eDegree, the online M.L.I.S.

Cunningham, Flo fcunning at kent.edu
Wed Mar 7 09:42:12 EST 2012

Take your career to the next level with an M.L.I.S.!

The School of Library and Information Science at Kent State University announces its first Wednesday Webinar of the spring 2012 semester.

"eDegree" - the Online M.L.I.S. at the School of Library and Information Science at Kent State University

WHEN:  Wednesday, March 7, from noon to 1 p.m.

WHERE: Your computer

HOW:    Click here to view and participate in the webinar:

http://w-slis-stream.slis.kent.edu/KSU/Viewer/?peid=6345222495844fefab632d444005dbda

If you do not already have Silverlight on your computer, you may need to download it in order to view the presentation. It's free at http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/Get-Started/Install/Default.aspx/.

COST: Free

WHAT:
Now you can earn your master's degree without disrupting your life, without leaving your current job and relocating, and without physically sitting in a classroom.

The School of Library and Information Science (SLIS) at Kent State University is offering a new, innovative way to complete a Master of Library and Information Science (M.L.I.S.) degree. The eDegree program is Web-based -- all courses will be completed online.

Join us for a live, interactive online open house on Wednesday, March 7, at noon to learn more about eDegree. SLIS Associate Professor Greg Byerly, Ph.D., will briefly describe the program and then answer your questions.

For more information about eDegree, visit http://www.kent.edu/slis/programs/mlis/edegree.cfm.

To view previous Wednesday Webinars, visit http://www.kent.edu/slis/programs/wednesday-webinars.cfm.

SAVE THE DATE:

March 21 - Workshops webinar with Rhonda Filipan, SLIS Academic Program Coordinator. Find out what workshops are being offered, how workshops can help advance your career and how to enroll. Watch for details and registration information.

March 29 (a Thursday!) at noon - Health Informatics webinar with Greg Kall, System Vice President, CIO, Information Technology & Services, Summa Health System, Akron, and Michael Bice, Professor, Health Informatics, Kent State University. Watch for details about this online open house to learn more about career opportunities in health informatics.

All the best,

Flo

<~><~>~<~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~>
Flo Cunningham
Marketing Communications and Public Relations Director
Kent State University
330-672-0003
fcunning at kent.edu<mailto:fcunning at kent.edu>

www.kent.edu/slis
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ksuslis
Twitter: @KentStateSLIS<https://twitter.com/#%21/KentStateSLIS>

SAVE THE DATE:
Reserve a spot at the 2012 Library and Information Professions Careers Night:  http://bit.ly/CareersNight2012
Kent:  Tuesday, February 28 / Columbus:  Thursday, March 8

28th Annual Virginia Hamilton Conference on Multiculture Literature for Youth, April 12 & 13, 2012
2nd Annual Conference on Information and Religion, May 18 & 19, 2012

I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library. -- Jorge Luis Borges