[OPLINLIST] Important Update - New Vendor Chosen for Statewide Delivery Services

Marsha McDevitt-Stredney marshams at library.ohio.gov
Mon Mar 12 16:07:11 EDT 2012

Please excuse multiple postings...

New Vendor Chosen for Statewide Delivery Services

On Thursday, March 8, the Department of Administrative Services (DAS)
signed a contract on behalf of the State Library and OhioLINK for
statewide delivery services with Priority Dispatch.  Priority Dispatch
is a Cincinnati-based company with facilities in Columbus, Cleveland,
Cincinnati, Dayton and Toledo.  We are now in the midst of planning the
transition between U.S. Cargo and Priority Dispatch.  These plans
include providing Priority Dispatch with the locations and contacts of
all of pickup sites, creating new labels that include a barcode, and
discussing when U.S. Cargo will stop picking up materials and Priority
Dispatch will start.  We will share specific information on the
transition and the new pricing in the near future.  All current canvas
bags and bubble envelopes will continue to be used in the new system.

If you have questions or concerns, please contact Steve Updegraff,
Statewide Delivery Project Manager.

Steve Updegraff, Head of Transport & Facility Services

State Library of Ohio

274 East 1st Ave.

Columbus, Ohio 43201

Phone: 614-728-9573

Fax: 614-995-1081

supdegra at library.ohio.gov

  <http://www.facebook.com/people/StateLibraryof-Ohio/100000063363765>

Share Your Story at
http://library.ohio.gov/state-librarian/share-your-story
<http://library.ohio.gov/state-librarian/share-your-story>
Tell us how a State Library service or resource helped you or your
library.