[OPLINLIST] Fire in Ada, OH / Ada Public Library Update

Michael Limer limermi at oplin.org
Tue Mar 13 17:04:53 EDT 2012

Just an update so nobody is overly worried for no reason....

We really came out very lucky. Flying embers started about six small fires on the rubber section of our roof as well as several shingles.  Those are being repaired as I type this.

The other problem is a strong smell of smoke inside the library. I have a meeting tomorrow morning with Service Master and am hopeful they will be able to get rid of the smell.

I would guess we will not be able to open back up until Friday at the earliest, perhaps not until Monday. If you have cargo coming from here, please give it a couple of extra days. If you can delay sending any out to us until Friday, I would appreciate it.

Anyway, nobody was injured in the church fire or any of the ones that popped up and that is the important thing. Service Master and the roofers are the reason we have insurance.

Regards & Thanks for the Well Wishes,

Michael Limer
Ada Public Library

PS A special thanks to Becky Coker for thinking of sending the message out while I was preoccupied.