[OPLINLIST] Consumer Reports online

Robin H. newsalemfarm at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 12 11:02:10 EDT 2012

Hello Oplinites,

Our library has subscribed to the print version of Consumer Reports for many years. This morning, a patron was looking for the comparison chart for gas furnaces. I found it on consumerreports.org, but even though we are print subscribers they wanted an additional $20 to enable web searches.

Have any of you paid this additional fee to access their database? As a library, were you able to find any sort of free version offered through a special login? If you do subscribe to the online version, do you use it, or are most patrons still asking for the printed copies?

Thanks!
Robin
Information & Reference
Piqua Public Library