[OPLINLIST] book re-sellers, recyclers

Cass Owens owenscass at oplin.org
Tue Sep 18 10:49:52 EDT 2012

Hello,
Our Friends group has 2 large booksales per year (plus a regular bookstore).
At the conclusion of each sale the group contracts with a vendor to take
the leftovers.  They have used 2-3 different companies and are looking for
the best option.

They would like a company to
1.  *sell* what they can, thereby finding new homes for the materials.
 (hopefully some $$ would be returned to the Friends for this)
2.  *recycle* whatever does not sell
3.  do all the packing, heavy lifting and loading to remove the materials.

We found a company which does #1 and #2, but there was a lot of work for
our volunteers who tend to be exhausted at the end of the sale.
We found a company which does #2 and #3, but everything gets recycled with
no attempt to relocate the items.

Do any of you know of a company which would provide the service I
described?  We'd love to know about them.

Cass Owens

--
CASS OWENS, DIRECTOR
Reed Memorial Library

phone: 330-296-2827, ext 101
fax: 330-296-3870

www.reedlibrary.org

those
of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Reed Memorial
Library.