[OPLINLIST] locked cases

Andrew Davis davisan at grandvalley.lib.oh.us
Thu Apr 4 14:20:17 EDT 2013

Hi Robyn,

In regards to locked cases (cd/dvd), my library is one that uses both types of locked cases and we use to have the issue of sending the items out without unlocking the cases. So for us, we resolved that issue by putting all of our barcodes on the insides of the cases. So when we check the item out we have to unlock the cases to get to the barcodes. Even though; the cases are unlocked when we send them in deliveries, we have noticed that in travel and handling of the material the cases do occasionally lock themselves. So we do occasionally put a piece of paper in the locking mechanism so they won't lock during transport.

So in closing I hope none of the items you received were ours? But if they were, we will get them unlocked and sent back to you ASAP!

Andrew C Davis, Director
Grand Valley Public Library
aka Orwell Library Association
1 North School Street