[OPLINLIST] Debt Collectors

Bill Hardison bhardison at norweld.org
Mon Aug 5 11:14:31 EDT 2013

I was once one of "those" fellows back in my checkered past.  This site
should answer your/their questions.
http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0149-debt-collection

The short answer is no they cannot if they are told not to (orally or in
writing), AND they are a third party collector. If it is a debt being
collected by the first party (the one money is owed) the FDCPA doesn't
apply.

Hope this helps,

*Bill**

You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.*
Miracle Max: The Princess Bride (1987)
*This message and any response to it may constitute a public record and thus
may be publicly available to anyone who requests it.*